Village Hall.. Pop-in-Lunch.
On 16 August 2018 the village hall had it’s 18 monthly hygiene check by the health inspector from Braintree District Council. We are pleased to announce that all checks passed without issue and the village hall has maintained it’s 5 star hygiene rating. The next scheduled inspection is due in February 2020.
Macmillan Coffee Morning 2018
On September 22nd Belchamp Walter Village Hall was buzzing to the sound of tea cups chinking, coffee pots ‘perking’ and cake forks rattling. It was the annual Macmillan coffee morning and as always our loyal supporters didn’t disappoint. There was a steady stream of people in the hall from 10.20 until 12.45 all enjoying the stalls that had been laid out and the cakes and drinks that were on offer. Thanks to the generosity of all the helpers and the people who attended the event we raised a massive £720.33. An absolutely amazing amount and way beyond our expectations. As always ‘Thank You’ to everyone who made this possible. We feel sure Macmillan will be delighted with Belchamp Walter’s efforts.
As predicted, all the hard work for Bel-Fest 2018 paid off and the event was a great success supported by over 200 villagers family and friends. The additional events provided this year, face painter, magician, chainsaw sculpture along with the art exhibition, bubble machines as did the hog roast B-B-Q and Pop-Up-Pub. Our thanks go toRobbie Gladwell with special guest musicians entertained until late. The event this year raised over £2,000 .
Paws for Thought
The Pet Service on Sunday 15 July 2018 was a great success. Lots of dogs brought their well behaved owners along.
Thanks to The Revd Sally Womersley for the amusing hymns and to Polly Gerrard for organising the event and providing the catering.
Village Hall Improvements.
- If you haven’t visited the Village Hall recently you may not realise the changes that have taken place over the past 18 months.
- The “National Lottery Grant” and monies raised from our own fundraising events have been well invested to make the Village Hall a fantastic venue for a variety of events – meetings, funeral receptions, birthday parties and weddings.
- The extensive works to upgrade the electrical switchgear, heating and lighting are now nearing completion. The infra red heaters are now fully installed in both the hall and the kitchen together with LED lighting. Additionally, security lighting has been installed outside and there is also an exterior power point for outside events.
- The entrance hall has been upgraded and decorated.
- The Ladies toilet has been modernised and decorated. New wall paintings have been added painted by local artist Anita Goodwin.
- The kitchen is well equipped including 2 electric ovens, microwave oven, 2 dishwashers and large serving area. The main hall is multi-functional, warm and comfortable.
- The sound system has been upgraded with the addition of extra speakers and the integration of a wireless public address system, which includes a wireless hand held mike and lapel mike with belt pack. The CD player and amplifier for film night have been replaced.
The Belchamp Walter Singers.
- Monica reports that they now have around 20 regular members. They are all enjoying singing together and the sound is very pleasing. New members will be welcomed so please come along. Meeting at The Village Hall, Tuesday evenings at 7.30pm. . Contact us for details.
The Village Walks …
The eighth ” Village Walk ” organised by Francis and Martin Attwood was another enjoyable walk mainly on footpaths crossing farmland to Castle Headingham. The destination The Bell Inn for lunch.
Watch out for the next walk.
Robbie Gladwell & Friends at the Quay Theatre.
Thursday 22 November until Saturday 24 November 2018
Once again Robbie Gladwell will take over the Quay Theatre for his annual fundraiser in aid of breast cancer support.
This year our own choir ” The Belchamp Walter Singers ” will support Robbie as well as their solo spot. Please come along and help this great cause.
Over a number of years over £25,000 has been raised, enough to have purchased essential equipment. The aim is now to raise even more money to train staff.