Mary Campion passed away on Monday morning, 6 November, Mary and Peter were very involved in the lunch club and other village events during the time that they lived In Belchamp Walter.
The funeral took place on Tuesday 28th November at Three Counties Crematorium, High Garrett. Peter and his family held a gathering after the funeral at the village hall.
Macmillan Coffee Morning 2017
Thanks to everyone who helped at the Macmillan Coffee Morning and worked so hard during the previous days leading up to the event. Hope you are all now taking a well earned rest!
When you have read this your head will be so big you will not be able to get out of the door. Thanks to your amazing hard work we managed to beat last years total figure of £534.40 by raising a monster £615.62p. I have had to check my figures 3 times as I couldn’t quite believe it the first time of counting the money. That is a really wonderful achievement on all our parts and of course thanks to all the lovely people who turned up for us and supported the cause.
Paws for Thought
The Pet Service on Sunday 27 August 2017 was a great success. Lots of dogs brought their well behaved owners along.
Thanks to The Revd Sally Womersley for the amusing hymns and to Polly Gerrard for organising the event and providing the catering.
Village Hall Improvements.
- If you haven’t visited the Village Hall recently you may not realise the changes that have taken place over the past 18 months.
- The “National Lottery Grant” and monies raised from our own fundraising events have been well invested to make the Village Hall a fantastic venue for a variety of events – meetings, funeral receptions, birthday parties and weddings.
- The extensive works to upgrade the electrical switchgear, heating and lighting are now nearing completion. The infra red heaters are now fully installed in both the hall and the kitchen together with LED lighting. Additionally, security lighting has been installed outside and there is also an exterior power point for outside events.
- The entrance hall has been upgraded and decorated.
- The Ladies toilet has been modernised and decorated. New wall paintings have been added painted by local artist Anita Goodwin.
- The kitchen is well equipped including 2 electric ovens, microwave oven, 2 dishwashers and large serving area. The main hall is multi-functional, warm and comfortable.
- The sound system has been upgraded with the addition of extra speakers and the integration of a wireless public address system, which includes a wireless hand held mike and lapel mike with belt pack. The CD player and amplifier for film night have been replaced.
The Belchamp Walter Singers.
- Monica reports that they now have around 20 regular members. They are all enjoying singing together and the sound is very pleasing. New members will be welcomed so please come along. Meeting at The Village Hall, Tuesday evenings at 7.30pm. . Contact us for details.
The Village Walk … 22 April 2017
The eighth ” Village Walk ” organised by Francis and Martin Attwood was another enjoyable walk mainly on footpaths crossing farmland to Castle Headingham. The destination The Bell Inn for lunch.
Watch out for the next walk later in the year.
Robbie Gladwell & Friends at the Quay Theatre.
On Friday 28 May a group of 22 Villagers did a bit of rocking n rolling at the Quay Theatre. The event in aid of local breast cancer hospitals was sold out . Over 20 musicians and singers took the stage. This was a fantastic concert and one not to miss next year.
Over a number of years over £25,000 has been raised, enough to have purchased essential equipment. The aim is now to raise even more money to train staff.