Due to Corona virus the Hall is closed until further notice.
Terms of Hire
Terms and Conditions for the Hire of Belchamp Walter Village Hall
Hereinafter Belchamp Walter Village Hall shall be referred to as ‘BWVH’ and the Hirer named on the Booking form as ‘the Hirer’
1. The person named on the booking form shall be considered the Hirer. Where an organisation is named, the person signing hereby confirms that they do so with full authority of the organisation. The Hirer must be over 21 years of age.
2 .A deposit of 25% of the total booking fee must be paid at the time of the booking being accepted by BWVH.
3. The Hirer should be aware of the Fire Safety Plan of BWVH which is on display. Hirers are responsible for health and safety issues and providing information about safety procedures, Fire Exits etc. The first box is in the kitchen. Any accident must be recorded in the Hall Accident Book to be found in the the kitchen.
4. The hire charges should be paid at least 7 days before the engagement.
5.In the event of cancellation within 7 days of the hire, the deposit of 25% of the total booking charge will be retained.
6. Right of refusal. BWVH may refuse any application for the hire of the Hall without stating a reason.
7. Alcoholic drinks may be served free but NO sale of alcoholic drinks may be undertaken unless the permission is sought from BWVH and an occasional Licence for the Hall shall be in force.
8. Public Entertainments, Music & Dancing. All the conditions attached to the Premises Licence for the Hall shall be duly observed. A copy of such Licence may be seen on application to BWVH and the Hirer shall be deemed to have had notice of all such conditions. All music must cease at 11.45 pm, and the Hall must be vacated by midnight.
9. Occupation and use. The hire of the Hall is for the specific agreed times shown on the booking form and does not entitle the Hirer to use or enter the premises at any other time. The Hall shall only be used for lawful activities. BWVH does not represent that the Hall is suitable for any particular purpose and the Hirer must satisfy themselves in this respect.
10. Breakages and Damage. The Hirer is responsible for all damage to the building, equipment, furniture and property in the Hall & grounds occurring during the period of the hiring or while persons are entering or leaving the Hall pursuant to the hire, however and by whomsoever caused. The Hirer will be responsible for replacement ‘as new’ of any equipment, furniture or property and for the full cost of making good any damage to the building, fixtures and fittings.
11.Culpability. Except for wilful negligence on the part of BWVH, BWVH shall not be responsible for any loss of, or damage to, the Hirers or any third parties property arising out of the hiring, nor for any loss, damage, or injury which may be incurred by, or be done to or happen to, any person or persons using the building during the hiring, arising from any cause whatsoever or for any loss due to any breakdown of machinery, failure or supply of electricity, leakage of water, fire, government restriction or act of God which may cause the Hall to be temporarily closed or the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled. The Hirer shall indemnify BWVH against any claim which may arise out of the hiring or which may be made by any person using the building during the hiring in respect of any loss damage or injury.
12. Entry. The right of entry to the Hall is reserved to BWVH and any other agent of BWVH and any police officer at any time during the hiring.
13. Conduct and Good Order. The Hirer shall ensure that good order is kept in the Hall during the hiring. The Hirer will also ensure that those attending the engagement maintain good order during arrival and departure from the Hall. At all times the Hirer will take reasonable care to ensure that the occupants of neighbouring properties are not inconvenienced by noise, obstruction by vehicles and the like.
14. Cessation of activity. BWVH or Committee Member(s) reserves the right to put a stop to any entertainment or meeting not properly or reasonably conducted.
15. Condition on vacation. On vacation of the Hall, the Hirer shall leave the Hall in a clean and orderly state. All rubbish and any other waste matter must be cleared from the Hall and suitably disposed of in the receptacles provided. The Hall and cloakrooms must be left in as clean a condition as found. All tables and chairs must be distributed around the hall as found.
16. No additions to the building. No fixtures/fitments of any kind shall be driven into any part of the Building nor shall any placard or other articles be fixed hereto.
17 .Property of the Hirer and the Hirer’s agent must be removed from the Hall at the end of the hire. BWVH accepts no responsibility for any property left on the premises after the hiring.
18. Fire Exits. No exits may be blocked, chairs or other obstructions must not be placed in front of fire appliances and must not be removed or tampered with, and fire doors must not be propped open.
19. Capacities. The maximum number of persons allowed in the Building at any one time is 70.
20. Smoking is NOT permitted in any part of the building at any time.
21. The hall will be opened and closed by a member of the Management Committee or a key will be provided which should be returned at the completion of hire.
22. Hire Period. The hire period is the time that the hirer commences and finishes using the hall. It includes the time taken for setting up and clearing up.
23. Candles, night lights or any lighted items are not permitted.
24. Inflatables such as bouncy castles are not permitted. Such items are excluded from our insurance cover.
25. Parking is not permitted on the grass verge outside the hall.
26. A deposit of £250 is required, refundable subject to breakages or damage.